SR 1 Bridge Over Southern Railroad Utility Relocation
Since 2010 Cannon & Cannon began working with Knoxville Utilities Board (KUB) for the design of the relocation of the existing electric facilities, in conjunction with the TDOT “Replacement of the SR-1 Bridge (Broadway Viaduct) over the Norfolk Southern Railroad at LM 19.47” project.
The complex project includes two new bridge designs (box and truss) over a railroad switchyard. Utilities to be relocated are both hanging on the bridge and underground at the base of the bridge and the approaches. The scope includes:
• Relocation of approximately 700 LF of overhead distribution lines
• Installation of approximately 700 LF of underground primary
• Design of lighting for new bridge
• Relocation of 4” PE gas line that was attached to the viaduct to underground
• Relocation of 8” and 12” water lines both underground and attached to the viaduct
• Sewer relocation at the approaches to the viaduct
Project is currently under construction.
YEAR OF COMPLETION
Utilities and Infrastructure
Roadways & Intersections