Marble Alley Streetscape
CCI partnered with TDK Construction and The City of Knoxville to design the public infrastructure improvements agreed upon between the City of Knoxville and TDK. The project entailed converting State Street into a 2-way street from Summit Hill Drive to Union Avenue.
The following is a listing of the primary project tasks:
- Prepared construction plans for resurfacing/improvements to South Central Street, Commerce Avenue and State Street.
- Prepared a signal modification plan for the existing traffic signal located at the intersection of Summit Hill Drive and State Street.
- Developed a Traffic Impact Study (TIS) to evaluate the impact of converting State Street from 1-way traffic to 2-way traffic from the intersection of Summit Hill Drive to Union Avenue.
- The TIS evaluated existing and future traffic conditions at the intersections of State Street at Summit Hill Drive and Union Avenue, and the intersection of Central Street at Union Avenue.
- Intersection turning movement traffic counts were conducted at the above-mentioned intersections. Estimates of future traffic resulted from Marble Alley was developed utilizing trip generation rates established by the Institute of Transportation Engineers.
- All sidewalks and streets were designed to meet ADA Standards.
YEAR OF COMPLETION